Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Baby's Butt is Green!

Back in the day, our ancestors discovered that certain food-stuffs contained vibrant pigments which could be used to dye a variety of things. Indigo and henna spring to mind. Apparently spinach is quite effective too.

As what goes in must also come out, I found out about spinach's unique qualities during a diaper change. Much like a henna tattoo, though far less attractive, Otter's business end has been the recipient of some naturally derived colorant. And let me tell you - the stuff's tenacious.

After multiple scrubbing proved ineffectual, I called on Bree for help. Assessing the damage, he shrugged. "Ah, it's not that bad. I guess it'll come out eventually."

"But my baby's butt is green!" I protested.

"That would make a really good title," he said.


image by austinevan

No comments: