Saturday, April 5, 2008

A Few Words About She-Blob

I'm knocked up. Let's just get that out of the way, so this whole thing has context.

I'm starting this blog because several of my friends have suggested that I share my "unique perspective" with the rest of the world (namely the 2 people who will read this). I suspect they're saying this because they're tired of listening to my incessant whining and want to share their pain with others. But being the ego-maniac that I am, I choose to believe that I really do have a "new voice" to add to the world of pregnancy. So here we are...

Up until yesterday, She-Blob was simply "The Blob." Never mind that Blob hasn't been blobby in about 3 months, and has actually been shaped like a mini-human. But this is one of the many things I don't like to think about (more on that to come) so I've stuck with the blob image.

So, on April 4th, Blob went out and got herself a gender. After months of being told I was DEFINITELY having a boy by anyone and everyone, She-Blob established herself as the rule-breaking rebel she is.

I know for sure that She-Blob can do three things:
1) She can respond when her mini-world is shaken.
2) She can stick her hands in her nose.
3) She can then lick those hands.

With a basis like that, how can you go anywhere else but up?

No comments: