Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Inoculated

On Monday, Otter had her 2 month exam. Granted, she's a week or so shy of actually being 2 months (send presents to our house, 10/26) but I guess I'm just splitting hairs. Here, in a nutshell, is what happened:

1) She got measured - 22" now.
2) She got weighed - 8 lbs, 10 oz. I was quite impressed, but apparently Otter's a bit too slim for our doctor's liking and we need to fatten her up.
3) Her head got measured - 14" now, though I think we got cheated a bit - the weird bump at the back didn't get included.
4) Her eyes, ears and lungs got examined. She did not like this.
5) She got her first round of vaccines. She cried. But then again, she cried throughout the entire exam, so this wasn't all that different. But, in her defense, she got over crying WAY faster than that 2-year-old we saw in the waiting room. Take that, toddler!

Now, we're due back in 30 days for more weighing, measuring and shots.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Okay, is she not just the sweetest little lady ever! I really can't wait to meet her.
Thanks for the amazing blog Nat, I really enjoy reading it.