Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Otter: 2 Months; Great Grandma: 96

My grandmother turns 96 on October 28th. With so many birthdays under her belt, it's become increasingly difficult to find presents. I mean, how many sets of dominoes and pairs of slippers can you get someone before they realize that you're either going through the motions or completely out of ideas? Add to that my lack of gift-giving skill (I'm one of those people who regularly thinks of the perfect present to give someone, only to forget it 2 minutes later) and the dilemma becomes virtually insurmountable.

But this year, we decided to give Grandma a baby.

Sure, it took some advance planning, 9 months of heiferdom, surgery, 8 weeks (and counting) of interrupted sleep, and a 3000 mile trip, and not that we're counting - but come on...admit it - we had the BEST gift there! Which is a blessing. And a curse. I mean, we are SO screwed for next year...

No comments: